By Reinhard Tidecks
Ranging from the early experiments, this targeted presentation, containing greater than 500 references, presents a finished evaluate on current-induced nonequilibrium phenomena in quasi-one-dimensional superconductors, major the reader from the basics to the newest learn effects. Experiments on monocrystalline filaments (whiskers) - together with these received by way of the writer - are in comparison with effects on lengthy skinny movie microbridges and comparable species and interpreted in the theoretical framework. directions on experimental strategies are given and but unresolved difficulties are mentioned. The ebook is easily perfect as an advent for the beginner and as a instruction manual for the lively researcher.
Read Online or Download Current-Induced Nonequilibrium Phenomena in Quasi-One-Dimensional Superconductors PDF
Best solid-state physics books
This booklet offers with the strategies and methods which have been built to fulfill this problem and with their program to the translation of test. the writer surveys intimately the many-body innovations, scaling, renormalization workforce, Fermi liquid and Bethe ansatz, which bring about an answer of the Kondo challenge for many of the theoretical versions.
This publication is a compilation of the evaluate papers, expositions and a few of the technical works of Leo Kadanoff, a theoretical physicist. the target is to place jointly a bunch of not-too-technical writing within which he discusses a few matters in condensed topic physics, hydrodynamics, utilized arithmetic and nationwide coverage.
This referenced compilation of magnetic transition temperatures represents (with the Addendum) papers truly bought by way of the RMIC via may possibly 1972 and involves lists (alphabetical via compounds), one for Curie and one for Neel temperatures. the place varied values seemed within the literature for a unmarried compound, all are indexed with sepa price references given for every.
- Stochastic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations: Emphasis Year 2004 - 2005 on Stochastic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations ... Evanston, Illinois
- The Fourth State of Matter: An Introduction to Plasma Science, 2nd Edition
- Theoretical Surface Science: A Microscopic Perspective
- Electronic Methods
- The Molecule-Metal Interface
- Elementary Excitations in Solids : Lectures on Phonons, Electrons, and Plasmons (Advanced Book Classics)
Additional resources for Current-Induced Nonequilibrium Phenomena in Quasi-One-Dimensional Superconductors
This should be a good approximation for w e a k - c o u p l i n g s u p e r c o n d u c t o r s . We explicitly remark that the time t 0 is n o t a quasiparticle relaxation time, but is related to ~E bye80] ~E = % / 8 . 4 (74) Similar to Tinkham's r e s u l t for ~E , the expression f o r t 0 also contains a f a c t o r T~0"3. Kaplan et al. summarized values of % for several pure materials and s o m e Pb based alloys (see Tab. 1 of ref. 103). There are several m e th o d s to m e a s u r e t~: The 'classical' a r r a n g e m e n t is an N C I / I / S C / I / N C 2 double tunnel junction.
The t e m p e r a t u r e dependence of % is much s t r o n g e r than the predicted To0-3 law yields and the dependence of zE on the electron mean free path ( o r residual resistivity) is 42 not in agreement with a theory considering electron-phonon and e l e c t r o n - e l e c t r o n collisions in t h r e e - d i m e n s i o n a l sam p l es at zero t e m p e r a t u r e [92,96]. A s t r o n g dependence of the measured inelastic s c a t t e r i n g time on film t h i ck n es s and s h e e t r e s i s t a n c e is observed [140,146, 1483.
67) would lead to the r e s u l t that %*e1 is at least proportional to AT". Very cl o se to To it is even ~:Q*el ~ AT-:. 40 The r e s u l t for zQ*in depends on the inelastic collision time t E. Since t~ is a very i m p o r t a n t quantity, a detailed discussion of this time will be given in the f o l l o w i n g . A value for t E has been calculated by Tinkham [see eq. (28) of ref. 1023, namely t E = ( z o / 8 . 3. Furthermore, P298~ is the phonon-induced t e m p e r a t u r e d e p e n d e n t part of the resistivity at room temperature.