By Jeff, Lemieux, Jean-Michel McAffer
Eclipse is greater than a state of the art IDE: its wealthy shopper Platform (RCP) plug-ins shape a good starting place for any computing device program, from chat functions to firm software program front-ends. In Eclipse wealthy purchaser Platform, leaders of the Eclipse RCP venture express precisely easy methods to leverage Eclipse for quick, effective, cross-platform computing device development.
as well as explaining the facility of Eclipse as a laptop software improvement platform, the authors stroll step by step via constructing a completely featured, branded RCP program. They introduce a variety of recommendations, together with constructing pluggable and dynamically extensible structures, utilizing third-party code libraries, and packaging functions for various environments. you will construct, refine, and refactor an entire prototype; customise the consumer interface; upload aid and replace beneficial properties; and construct, model, and send the completed software.
- for each Java developer, despite earlier Eclipse experience
- completely covers Eclipse 3.1's new RCP positive aspects and its wide new instruments for designing, coding, and packaging RCP applications
- provides innovations for branding and customizing the feel and appear of RCP applications
- indicates tips to triumph over the demanding situations and "rough edges" of RCP development
- Discusses the similarities and variations among RCP and standard plug-in development
- comprises an outline of OSGi, the bottom execution framework for Eclipse
so as to advance and installation world-class Java purposes with wealthy, local GUIs, and use Eclipse RCPget this book.
CD-ROM comprises the Eclipse 3.1 SDK, Eclipse 3.1 RCP SDK, and Eclipse 3.1 RCP Delta Pack applicable for home windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. It additionally comprises the entire code samples constructed within the booklet.
Read or Download Eclipse Rich Client Platform: Designing, Coding, and Packaging Java™Applications PDF
Best programming: programming languages books
Harnessing Hibernate is a perfect advent to the preferred framework that we could Java builders paintings with info from a relational database simply and successfully. Databases are a really various international than Java items, and so they frequently contain individuals with diversified abilities and specializations. With Hibernate, bridging those worlds is considerably more straightforward, and with this booklet, you may get on top of things with Hibernate quick.
FORTRAN IV ist die im wissenschaftlichen Bereich am weitesten verbreitete Programmiersprache. Für quick alle Rechenanlagen und in zunehmendem Maße auch in Tischrechnern ("intelligenten Terminals") stehen FORTRAN Compiler zur Verfügung. Bedingt durch das große Spektrum von Rechenanlagen mit den vielfältigen Bedürfnissen der verschiedensten Anwendungsgebiete wurden viele Sprach erweiterungen von FORTRAN IV vorgenommen, so daß heute eine quickly unübersehbare Zahl von IISprachdialekten" vorliegt.
- Durchstarten mit HTML5
- Foundation PHP For Dreamweaver 8
- Durchstarten mit HTML5
- Perl extension building with SWIG
- Pro Silverlight 4 in C#: Create cross-platform .NET applications for the browser
Additional resources for Eclipse Rich Client Platform: Designing, Coding, and Packaging Java™Applications
6. Summary That's it. You have seen all the code involved in creating the simple Hyperbola RCP application. Just to be sure you got all the steps right, use the Samples Manager detailed in Chapter 3, "Tutorial Introduction," to compare your workspace to the sample code for this chapterthey should be identical (except for possible formatting differences). Of course the application does not do much; it doesn't even have any actionsnor does it have any branding or splash screens. Nonetheless, the example shows how the major parts of the Eclipse RCP fit together.
Feel free to play around with the information there. When you are ready to continue, go to the Workbench by clicking on the arrow at the top right corner. 4. Target Setup Before starting development, you have one more thing to install, the target. The target is the set of plug-ins on which your application is based, that is, everything except the plug-ins you are writing. A good starting point for the target is the Eclipse RCP SDK for the latest release. This is the fundamental set of 11 or so plug-ins that forms the basis of most Eclipse RCP-based applications.
Click Yes when prompted to open the Debug perspective. When the debugger opens, the "main" thread is paused at the line where the exception occurred, as shown in Figure 4-9. Figure 4-9. Debugging using breakpoints [View full size image] 56 Part II: RCP by Example Part II: RCP by Example 57 The execution of the main thread has stopped in preWindowOpen() on the line highlighted. The debugger also contains a Variables view. This view shows the values of all known fields and variables for a given Java stack frame.