By Jo Ippolito Christensen
The Needlepoint Book is the single needlework consultant you’ll ever need—now together with 436 stitches and 1,680 illustrations.
Since its unique ebook in 1976, The Needlepoint Book has turn into often called the bible for all sewing enthusiasts—the one source for each needlepoint aficionado. even if you’re new to the craft or were working towards for years, this consultant covers your sewing trip from idea to fulfillment with particular guidance on the best way to make the painted canvas yours.
Featuring all-new initiatives and sew styles for each point of workmanship, you'll examine functional talents, corresponding to how to:
- pick out your undertaking with purpose
- inform its tale with stitches and fibers
- Create temper with colour and texture
- Fill that clean background
- decide on and use elaborations corresponding to beads and sequins
Included during this revised and extended variation is a crash direction on find out how to use new fibers; up to date info on fabrics, in addition to the best way to paintings with and take care of them; dozens of latest stitches; and diagrams and sew courses for decide on tasks incorporated in ebook. additionally featured are thirty-two pages of colour images with all-new tasks; dozens of latest stitches defined with images and drawings; and a brand new ribbon sew chapter.
The Needlepoint Book is the only ebook to possess at the subject. in a single complete quantity, it has every little thing you'll have to create your individual inventive, high quality heirloom.
Read Online or Download The Needlepoint Book (Revised and Updated 3rd Edition) PDF
Best crafts books
It's effortless to stitch your personal baggage, packs, totes, and residential garage goods! In stitch & Stow, Betty Oppenheimer stocks 31 of her favourite styles, from aprons and laundry luggage to lunch baggage, a knitting needle tote, a visor organizer in your vehicle, a grocery tote, and a garment bag. Her tasks are nice for amateur and specialist crafts alike; each one development comprises step by step directions and illustrations, and every might be accomplished in precisely a couple of hours.
Knitting, beading and sewing initiatives to make - or no longer. no matter what.
&break;&break;If you are going to describe your favourite crafts as "supercute" - no, allow us to rephrase: If the belief of handcrafting the main nauseatingly cute plush bunny you've ever visible units your middle atwitter - be at liberty to forestall analyzing. We'll comprehend. Really.
&break;&break;If you're nonetheless studying, you'll be cynical and uninterested with syrupy crafts as we're. (Huzzah! ) For you and your likeminded AntiCraftspeople, we've got hand-selected twenty-five initiatives from the main gifted crafters you'll by no means locate within the mainstream (whatever that even means). Behold:&break;&break;• Creations your goody-goody little sister will roll her eyes at, together with snake-motif thigh-highs and a duct-tape corset. &break;&break;• tips and sidebars to have a good time (with as a lot enthusiasm as any folks can muster) your delightfully darkish nature, together with advised mood-enhancers (soundtracks, videos, and so on. ) for making each merchandise. &break;&break;• easy options for knitting, crochet and jewelry-making virgins - entire with step by step images to save lots of you from the embarrassment of asking that annoyingly perky coworker for support. &break;&break;Join us within the AntiCraft flow - the place self-expression, regardless of how socially unacceptable, is given a scalpel and room to function.
Unchain your creativity!
Whether you're new to chain mail or a pro weaver, Chained will introduce you to the paintings of mixing steel bounce jewelry into complex designs, in a brand new approach. No different publication indicates find out how to use such a lot of weaves in such a lot of methods, or provides this historical paintings any such attractive and smooth twist. recommendations as soon as used for armor now have a brand new existence and will be used to create based adornments.
Open Chained and find:
• transparent, distinct step by step images that would take you from commencing and shutting leap jewelry to completing your first (or 50th! ) project
• Easy-to-navigate "Weave in a Nutshell" ideas for lots of weaves that may convey complicated chain mail weavers the weave of a undertaking in precisely a couple of steps
• 22 attractive initiatives plus dozens of diversifications, together with rings, bracelets, necklaces and pendants, every one with its personal ability point and time funding rating
• never-ending suggestions: decide upon your favourite shades, your favourite metals, customise the scale of your undertaking, and locate proposal so as to add your personal targeted stamp to any piece of chain mail jewelry
Gather your pliers and mounds of bounce earrings and weave your method to appealing jewellery with Chained.
Options to universal crochet quandaries are at your fingertips—anywhere you go
Crochet visible fast guidance has the solutions you need—fast. With specific colour images and concise directions, plus time-saving information, it covers:
• settling on instruments and yarn
• operating easy stitches
• expanding and decreasing
• operating in rounds and colors
• Making puffs, bobbles, clusters, and knots
• operating Tunisian crochet, filet crochet, and lace
• Crocheting with beads
• Inter- preting patterns
• Diagnosing difficulties and solving blunders
- Adult Origami
- Earrings VISUAL Project Guide: Step-by-step instructions for 30 gorgeous designs (Teach Yourself VISUALLY Consumer)
- The Complete Jewelry Making Course: Principles, Practice and Techniques: A Beginner's Course for Aspiring Jewelry Makers
- The Handmade Marketplace: How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally, and On-Line
- Zombie Felties: How to Raise 16 Gruesome Felt Creatures from the Undead
- Paper Crafts for Presidents' Day
Extra info for The Needlepoint Book (Revised and Updated 3rd Edition)
Tools • circle punches, templates, or dies • scissors INSTRUCTIONS 1. Use a computer or writing implement to write the names and dates on card stock. 2. Punch circles out of the printed card stock, layer with foam adhesive tape, and secure to the color copy. 3. Tie the ribbon into bows and trim with scissors. Add the ribbons to the assemblage. qxd 1/25/07 9:06 PM Page 40 Making It Your Own If making your own tree appeals to you, these steps will guide you through the relatively simple— and rather therapeutic—process.
Who could you commemorate with this book? Fathers and sons-in-law? Military ancestors? Could you do a series of books, each on a different family group? qxd 1/26/07 5:31 PM Page 53 Ancestory I am the youngest member of this book. I am a daughter-in-law and not yet a mother-in-law. Actually, because I have no sons, I am the last chapter of this book. Quite often I think of how fortunate I am to have a wonderful relationship with my mother-in-law. I often like to wonder about how the generations before me got along.
Start by sketching out the tree design with pencil on scrap paper. Use graphite paper to transfer the design to the watercolor paper. ) Other ways to use watercolor pencils: • Scribble small circles of color on scrap paper to create a palette of paints. Draw a wet brush across the circle to pick up color. • Draw a wet brush across the tip of a watercolor pencil lead to pick up color. • For a very intense color (good for outlining and adding dark shadows), dip the watercolor pencil in to water and draw with the wet colored lead.